Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

One Man's Junk Is Another Man's Treasure

I used to love to go to the flea market on Saturdays because of the bargins that you could find there. I've noticed lately that some of the highest rated shows on cable or satellite tv have to do with pawn shops or foreclosed storage bins. I am fasinated by what some people call junk and what other people call treasures. It amazes me when I see the amount of money spent and made on one man's junk that quickly becomes another man's treasure.

Isn't is amazing how quickly we forget how Jesus took the junk out of our lives and replaced it with His treasures. He didn't just offer a substitute, He gave us a superior prize just for us sacrificing our junk to Him. The greatest gift we could ever receive comes from Him-that is the gift of eternal life-and all we had to give Him in return was our junk. Our junk became His treasure.

Jesus said this about replacing our junk with something special:

John 6:51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:9 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

Luke 9:23 "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

Matthew 11:28 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Let Him have your junk today. Those things that have defeated you or weighed you down in life belong to Him. Just let Him take care of what He needs to and things will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment