Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Hopeless Situations (Part 4)

Hopeless Situations (Part 4)

Some hopeless situations in this life God doesn't change.

Have you ever prayed when something terrible comes upon you these prayers?

"God, why doesn’t the disease go away?"

"Why does my spouse not believe?"  

"Why does my career seem to be over?"

"Why am I losing my house?"  

"Why can’t I get pregnant?"

"Why can’t I get married?"

These and many more are legitimate questions that sometimes God doesn't answer. So that brings the next question to light:  Can I still trust God if my hopeless situation doesn’t change?  

Friend, you’re not the only one who has struggled with this. 

Jeremiah 15:18 NLT says:

“Why then does my suffering continue? Why is my wound so incurable? Your help seems as uncertain as a seasonal brook, like a spring that has gone dry.”

Have you ever felt like this?  The prophet Jeremiah did.  He was basically saying, “God, can I trust you?”  He was called to minister in a terrible time in Israel’s history and called the weeping prophet.  What a terrible assignment, but he endure and trusted God through it!

When God doesn’t change the situation and says "NO", He increases His presence and power  like He did with Paul’s thorn in the flesh:


2 Cor. 12:7-9 NLT  "Even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God.  So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.” 

Psalm 34:18 NLT declares:

“The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”            

When God says "NO" to your situation, He always says "YES" to you.  He will always provide you with increased power and strength to endure the difficulty and an increased sense of His presence to give you peace. It’s just a fact of life that God is not going to remove all the hopeless circumstances from our lives.  It's not because God doesn’t love us.  It’s just a sign that we live in very fallen world and gives us a reminder why the more we need to trust Him!  

Sometimes God allows brokenness to continue so we can experience intimacy with him or His supernatural strength.       Unfortunately, we tend to not experience these resources from God unless we are left with no other options.  Maybe this is how you feel today?  You have no other place to go except either towards God or away from Him.  God may not change your hopeless situation today, but He is ready to move in your life.  He may be saying "no" to your circumstances, but He is saying "yes" to you!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment