Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

We Will Not Be Defeated (Part 6)

2 Corinthians 10:5 "Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

You can capture enemy thoughts

Thoughts can be controlled. It’s our responsibility to guard our minds against negative thoughts. What we think about most, we will eventually do or become. Thoughts form our reality. Our thoughts make us who we are. Proverbs 23:7 says, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he“.

So how do we practically apply 2 Corinthians 10:5 to our lives? We bring into captivity every thought by the words of our mouth. It’s impossible to think a negative thought and speak a positive word at the same time. A negative thought has to yield to a positive word coming out of your mouth.

It’s impossible to think a negative thought and speak a positive word at the same time. A negative thought has to yield to a positive word coming out of your mouth.
One problem area for me when it comes to negative thoughts attacking my mind has to do with my failures from the past. Being stranded in a territory where you're reminded of maybe this or that has always been a fear that I’ve had to deal with.

During my time of sickness, my mind was bombarded with thoughts of being unable to fulfill my calling and making moves when I never should have. During that time I continually had to bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ by speaking the Word of God out loud.

The scripture I used to get me safely forward on this trip was Psalm 34:7 "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who reverence Him and delivers them." I probably spoke Psalm 34:7 out of my mouth over 100 times. Every time I found myself meditating on being stranded on the side of life's road, I let Psalm 34:7 flow out of my mouth and each time I did, the negative  thoughts would leave. Speaking words out loud is how we control our thoughts.


So what negative thoughts are you dealing with? What thoughts are you having that you know are detrimental to where you want to be in life? I urge you to bring into captivity every thought with the Word of God. Don’t allow any thought that contradicts Gods Word to take root in your mind. Take the time to find a scripture to do battle with your mind and let that scripture flow from your mouth continually and you will stop your negative thoughts from having an opportunity to manifest in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment