Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, April 10, 2017

We Will Not Be Defeated (Part 3)

The Lord is your fortress!

2 Samuel 22:2 "And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer..."

Psalms 18:2 "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.."

Jeremiah 16:19 "O Lord, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit."

A fortress is defined as a military stronghold, especially a strongly fortified town fit for a large garrison; a heavily protected and impenetrable building; or a person or thing not susceptible to outside influence or disturbance. God is all three to the born-again believer in more ways than one.

-He is impenetrable.
-He is my rock.
-He is my deliver.
-He is my buckler.
-He is my God.
-He is my strength.
-He is the one I trust in.
-He is the horn of my salvation.
-He is my high tower.
-He is my refuge.
-He is not influenced by evil.
-He is all I need, when I need, and how I need.

According to these verses this fortress God created in Jesus is powerful enough to withstand any changes, hardships, or attacks caused by the enemy. That's why Jesus is looking for someone who will not let their guard down. Let your spiritual influence soar as one not easily swayed by the crowd or popular theology, but one who has walls of integrity protecting them from the onslaught of the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment