Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Soldier Spirit

2 Timothy 2:3, 4 "Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."

The Soldiers' Creed is what all Army personal agree to live by. It goes like this:

I am an American Soldier:
-I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
-I serve the people of the United States, and live the Army Values.
-I will always place the mission first.
-I will never accept defeat.
-I will never quit.
-I will never leave a fallen comrade.
-I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
-I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
-I am an expert and I am a professional.
-I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America, in close combat.
-I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

The Army of Christ has almost the same creed:

-I am a warrior of the faith and a part of the family of God.
-I am a servant of all men as was my Lord Jesus.
-I have a great commission which come first in my life.
-I cannot be defeated in Jesus' Name.
-I will not abandon my post but press forward.
-I will minister restoration as often as necessary.
-I will learn to endure hardness through the discipline of God's Word.
-I will study to show myself approved.
-I am ready to go into all the world and preach the gospel.
-I am a guardian of the values of freedom extended me by the Cross.

I am a Soldier of the Spirit. Onward Christian soldiers marching with the call of Jesus going on before!

No comments:

Post a Comment