Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, December 9, 2016

Struggle Builds


Struggle builds character. Often the moments in our life we are most proud of are the ones where we overcame adversity to accomplish something worthwhile.

The Apostle Paul wrote to the church at Corinth in
2 Corinthians 11:24-26 these words: "From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one.  Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep;  in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren..."

Saul, Paul's previous name, was told by Jesus that he would undergo severe challenges as a reminder of his vendetta against the church and Christianity. In his ministry he encountered just about every adverse circumstance you could think off. It was through that adversity he became the instrument of God he was called to be and reached far beyond what a mortal man could do for God. It was his humanity through adversity that strengthened him into a champion for Christ.

You have to believe for the impossible even when the going gets tough. Some things will never make sense, but God has a reason for them all. It's through your struggles that God builds your dependence and trust in Him.

Paul wrote again in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."


Do something that pushes you to your limits and beyond. Nothing will make you feel more unstoppable than revealing to yourself that you are capable of far more than you ever imagined through the power of the Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment