Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Liveable Proverbs

None of these thoughts in this blog are original today. I wish I could take credit for saying or writing them. These are things I heard evangelists, pastors, and administrative officials say to me personally or from the pulpit. Some times you just have to write down things you hear because they make so much sense later. These excepts, quotes, or proverbs came from evangelists like Jesse Anderson, Roy Lamb, and Jimmy Lewis that I heard in my youth, great pastors like Bobby Johnson and the late, great I. C. Morris, Jr., and Overseers from James Cross to Tim Hill. I am glad that I took time to make notes of some of these sayings and I thought I would share them with you today. Everyone of them spoke to me at the appropriate time they were given and maybe they will do the same for you.

-If you want your dreams to come true, don't oversleep.

-The smallest good deed is better than the  grandest intention.

-Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.

-The best vitamin for making friends is B1.

-The 10 commandments are not multiple choice.

-The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

-Minds are like parachutes-they function only when open.

-Ideas won't work unless YOU do.

-One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

-One who lacks the courage to start has already finished.

-The heaviest thing to carry is a grudge.

-You don't learn safety rules by accident.

-We lie the loudest when we lie to ourselves.

-Jumping to conclusions can be bad exercise.

-A turtle makes progress when it sticks it's head out.

-One thing you can give and still keep is your word.

-A friend walks in when everyone else walks out.

-The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment