Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

What do you believe?

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he....."
Proverbs 23:7a

Do you really know what you believe?

The mind must believe it can do something before it is capable of actually doing it.  The way to overcome negative thoughts and destructive emotions is to develop opposing, positive emotions that are stronger and more powerful. Listen to your self talk and replace negative thoughts with positive ones. If you don't the devil will drive you crazy.

My church or your church is only what you believe it can be and then do your best to make it become your reality. Your relationship with God is based on what you believe in your mind and within your heart. I grow weary of people saying, "I wish we were like such and such church." Your church can only grow or become what God wants it to be with your commitment. If you're not committed in your mind to your church and love it with all your heart, it will never be what you want it to be. You can say all the right things about it, but if you stay away it will never change. And guess what? The same problems you had at one church will always follow you if your commitment is not as it should be.

Regardless of how a situation seems, focus on what you want to see happen, and then take the next positive step forward toward it. No, you can’t control everything that happens to you, but you can control how you react to things.  Everyone’s life has positive and negative aspects, so whether or not you’re happy and successful in the long run depends greatly on which aspects you focus on.

So ask yourself this question-what does my heart and my mind say? Am I what I believe in my heart and in my mind? Do I really know what I believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment