Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Psalm 23

A few words of enlightenment about Psalm 23 that may give you a little different view of these beautiful words.
The Lord is my Shepherd - A guiding light through life.

I shall not want - Giving everything to everyone. 

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures - Showing me where rest and respite can be found. 

He leadeth me beside the still waters - Always there to calm anxiety and problems.

He restoreth my soul - He is always available to heal my soul.

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness - He shows me how to be a good Christian.

For His name sake - He leads me to follow him always.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death - There will be many temptations throughout life.

I will fear no evil. - I will never have to fear anything that I am confronted with.

For Thou art with me - He is always with me no matter what happens.

Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me - This is His way of keeping us in disciplined faith.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies - Giving us boundless hope.

Thou annointest my head with oil - Always offering His blessings in our life.

My cup runneth over - Showing total forgiveness.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life - Freely giving His blessings without prejudice.

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord - Giving us a home to dwell in.

Forever - Giving us eternity with Him.


Read more at http://www.wow4u.com/pl/index.html#GX0BixcmgdJiXTYK.99

No comments:

Post a Comment