Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ready For Spring

My grandchildren enjoyed the snow we had a few weeks ago here in South Carolina. It is a rarity for us to get so much at one time. That usually only happens once or twice in a decade. Although they were excited about it I was glad to see it gone and I am ready after all this cold to see winter leave as well.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but for me this has been a very bleak, hard,  and cold winter. I am so ready for spring even though that means pollen, grass cutting, yard work, etc. It seems like only yesterday it was Christmas Eve and then we got blasted by the cold of January and February. My bones ache, my disposition has been down, and my health challenged all by the cold of winter. That's why I'm ready for spring!

There is something about making it through a cold winter that makes you appreciate what spring brings. You know that spring is close by when things begin to smell fresh and new. Each spring reminds you of your youth, refills your heart with joy, and seems to renew your love for living life. You always thank God for the memories of winter, but also for the simple truth that with each spring you are never too old to be young again. Spring is a time of renewal, rejuvenation, and replenishing of your energy.

God wants you to always feel young in spirit no matter how old or achy your body may be. He wants you to always delight in the simple joys of life. He wants you always share your happiness with the heart of a child. My prayer is that you will always give your love, your light, your laughter, and your warmth to others whether it's cold or hot outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment