Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Gannon!

One year ago today the Lord blessed Shane and Candy with our newest grandson, Gannon. He has become the joy of our life these past 12 months. He has a different personality than the other three and has made our growing older years more tolerable. It's amazing what a baby can do to a family. He has certainly changed my whole perspective on life.

I never really thought it could get this much better. We were never able to have more than one child because of Becky's health. I was just so grateful for Shane when he was born healthy and not long after that Becky's heart condition worsened. We were afraid to try for any more after that because the doctor did not think her heart would be able to take it. Believe me, he was a joy and miracle that preserved our linage and heritage. I couldn't have been more blessed.

Our daughter-in-law is also very special. When she and Shane got together never did we imagine we would be blessed with such beautiful grandchildren. I carry on about them a lot because they really are blessings to me each in their own way.

-Hannah is my musical and artistic grand. She can sing, play the guitar and piano, draw and paint like there is no tomorrow, and is just a wonderful and beautiful girl. She is my first and from the first moment I held her she stole my heart.

-Gracie is my actress and dancer. If the Lord tarries His return, she will storm Hollywood or Broadway someday. She was born with natural rhythm and can make even a mundane day brighter.

-Hayden is my champ. My soon-to-be first grader has the imagination of his father and yet still wants to be loveable even as a rough and tumble boy. He has made an amazing big brother so far and  I believe that will continue.

So that brings me back to my birthday boy, Gannon. He's the only one of the four that resembled my dad so much when he was born. He has a different personality than the other three and just brings joy to everyone when he's around. He is very, very special as well.

So to my buddy who can't read this today (Folks, he's only one!) but hopefully one day will be able to do so-Happy Birthday! Meme and Popee wish we could be there with you. Have a great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment