Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Will God Still Move On Our Behalf?

The question that I use as my title for the blog today has been asked of me several times in the past year. If fact, I think I have asked it myself several times. Will God still move on our behalf?

What does that question mean? Well simply put, will God honor His Word and be there when He need Him the most at the time we need Him the most. In these tough economic times both Christians and churches are hurting financially. It seems as though Satan is controlling the purse strings and that every extra amount of funds is being stolen from the believers. In turn, people are rebelling against things they know are truthful and blessed and staying away from church and backsliding on God.

So what does the Bible say? Does God still work on our behalf in our greatest time of need?

-God says nothing is too hard for Him!
Jeremiah 32:27 "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?"

-God says He can and does still move mountains set in motion by our faith.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says."-God has promised that He will provide what we need when we need it most.
John 14:12-14 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."

-God appointed us as vessels to be a testment of His wondrous power to this generation.
John 15:16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."

-God says just to ask in His name.
John16:24 "Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."

I still believe that He will make a way where there is no way. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment