Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Refuse To Be Defeated

Romans 8:31 "If God be for us, who can be against us?"
In December 2010 God spoke to me and told me my ministry time in Union was finished. God had given me a vision for my present church almost 2 years before and circumstances did not avail me to go there at that time. Less than two years later the Lord opens the door again and boom we are here! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt God called me here and God ordained me to be the Pastor of DCOG. But nothing good comes without a struggle.

This has been a very difficult year in many respect because of the past of the church. I have had to try and gain the trust of the people and prove myself as someone who was called here and not using it as a stepping stone. I have had to deal with numerous problems with the physical structures of the buildings much in need of repair. I have also had to deal with attitudes and actions that have been left unchecked for a while which resist change and have no identity. But guess what? I refuse to be defeated.

I will not let Satan defeat me, I will not let doubt defeat me, I will not let fear defeat me, nor any such thing because the Lord is on my side. As long as He is with me and for me I will make it and He will give me the break through that I desire for my church. The power and the glory of the Holy Ghost has equipped me and I am expecting God to show up and show out. Not necessarily in a loud way, but in a way that brings respect and honor back to the house of God.

Refuse to be defeated. I have come to the conclusion if God is for me then no one can stand against me. I am trusting, I am believing, that greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.

The way I see it we have two choices-either give up or keep keeping on. I chose the latter. I refuse to be defeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment