Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, August 3, 2018

The Nobody Syndrome (Part 3)

The Nobody Syndrome (Part 3) 


Psalm 139:7-12 “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
If you feel like a “nobody” you don’t want to be exposed. You would rather remain in anonymity than risk failure because you're worried what you think your peers have thought of you really will come true. Too many of our brethren live with that fear because of the disconnect they feel because of the size of their congregation and the lack of growth they’ve experienced.
David's fear of total exposure moved him to ponder if there was some retreat, geographically or spiritually, to which he could hide himself away; but God would not let him run away. David shares the though that God is "determined to give me grace, and to be involved in my life."
That's what David is saying in Verse 10 when he says, “If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. 
You know what this means, don't you? 

-You are wanted by God. 

-You are not a “nobody” in God’s sight. 

-You see this confirmed over and over in the Bible, 

-You are called God's beloved, chosen, dearly loved child. 

-You are told that nothing can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus. 

When you feel the crushing weight of loneliness and wonder if you would be missed if you were gone, remember this. What you are doing where you are for the Kingdom is just as important as the pastor of the largest church. Man may not give recognition, but God does and will honor your faithfulness to His cause. Sometimes you feel unappreciated, but God is keeping a record of your faithfulness. That's all that really matters in the end!
He loves you and He pledges to you that you belong to Him because of your faith in Christ Jesus. God knows you and wants you. His pursuit of you is because you’re not a “nobody”, but a “somebody” to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment