Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Can't Nobody (Part 2)

-HIS SOURCE OF POWER

God the Father was the source of Jesus' power and authority.  Jesus said:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.  To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." 
Luke 4:18, 19

Jesus did not exercise power independently of God the Father. Continually, throughout His earthly ministry, Jesus credited God as the source of His power:

"Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father." 
John 10:32

-UNLIMITED POWER

There were no limits to Christ's power.  He was given all power in Heaven and earth:

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, "All power is given unto me in Heaven  and  in earth'."  Matthew 28:18

Jesus has power: 

"Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:  And (God) hath put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the Head over all things to the Church."
Ephesians 1:21, 22

Jesus is the head of all other powers:

"And ye are complete in Him, which is the head of all principality and power." 
Colossians 2:10

Can't nobody do me like Jesus,
Can't nobody do me like the Lord;
Can't nobody do me like Jesus,
He's my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment