Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Breakthrough 2015-Today is not the last day, it's just the beginning

Although this is the last day of our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting, I believe it is just the beginning for what God wants to do in the midst of His people. This year has been earmarked by the Lord to do something special in the church and it's my desire to be a part of it.

My life has been blessed in so many ways I cannot describe them with mortal words, but I will make an attempt. I have been blessed with a wonderful family that I love and adore in more ways than they can imagine. My wife of almost 44 years, a son, who has grown to be my best friend and critic (in a good way), a daughter-in-law that is as loving a wife and mother as she is beautiful, two granddaughters that are talented and lovely, and two grandsons that will be heartbreakers as they get older. My mom still is and dad was (who's in heaven now) such an example to me as pastors and leaders all my life. All of my family is special to me. These are wonderful blessings to be thankful for today.

Life does go on. As we get older God is constantly raising up new generations. It won't be long before Hannah and Gracie graduate and move on with their lives. Hayden and Gannon will soon be 7 and 2 and that's when the fun really begins (LOL)! My nephew and his wife are expecting a baby soon, and my other niece is getting married in just a few weeks. Time doesn't stop for anybody, but neither do the breakthroughs of God.

We often hear it preached concerning family curses or curses on a generation that have come from past sins or troubles. But I declare today on this last day of  TRCOG 21 days of Prayer and Fasting that instead of curses God is going to allow Breakthroughs in our households and break the hold the enemy has had on us. He cannot win, will not win, and can be defeated because God is on our side.

Psalm 21:1-4 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple."

Deuteronomy 30:18-20 "I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them."

So folks, today does not end breakthrough, but I believe it opens the passage way to breakthrough. Jesus stands at the door and knocks. Will you let Him in?

Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment