Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

21 Days of Prayer and Fasting

When a new year begins a lot of churches go on the Daniel Diet for 21 days. I've tried this before, but not everybody like lentils. However, our denomination and others are calling for 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting for a spiritual awakening in our nation. I do believe its time for us to believe God for a supernatural move of His Spirit in this critical hour of history.

For many folks like me 2014 was a rough year physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I was physically spent trying to stretch dollars to make repairs on a building and property that were too expensive to pay for. I lost some dear friends and members who were some of my biggest supporters when the Lord decided to take them home. I was attacked over untruths and opinions from people who were not faithful nor even attended my church. Lastly, I found that people I had confidence in were more interested in an image than in reality. To put it simply in November it all came crashing down on me and I like Job begin to wonder what purpose my life had served at all. It was a very difficult time for me.

They only way that I survived all this calamity and drama was through and by the power of prayer. No, I didn't stay on my knees 24 hours a day, but I did talk with the Lord off and on throughout the day, praising Him, questioning Him, and seeking His direction and face. I asked Him why I felt the way I felt, why He had moved me from a pastorate of 13 years to go through what I had gone through in 4 years and 10 months, and I asked Him why things were not what they were supposed to be. In fact, I asked Him all kinds of things, repented over and over, and I am still waiting on some answers. I said all this to make this point-in the greatest trial of my life-I had somebody I could talk with who would not judge me, be offended by me, antagonize me, nor ignore me-and His name was Jesus.

During the next 21 days I challenge you to do something-ask God for the impossible. Ask God for miracles, Ask God for a new anointing. Ask God to challenge your heart to new horizons in Him. Ask God to show you His glory. And ask  God to help you to know what is best for this coming year. Just take these next 21 days and ask God. It certainly can't hurt.

Will the devil attack you? Yes, he will. Will he try and stop the answers? Yes, he will. Will he try and afflict you? Yes, he will. Yet friend, no war is won without a battle and these next 21 days establish an assault on enemy territory like never before. It's up to us to decide if we will pray of not. It's really up to you. So please join with us and let's attack the gates of darkness together in Jesus Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment