Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Breakthrough 2015 Day 5

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were. Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. (Romans 4:16-22 KJV)

Abraham faced impossible odds. How could a man his age father a child with a woman Sara's age? Impossible, but not to those that believe. God was faithful to his promise to Abraham because he did not stagger at the promise of God through unbelief. He believed that God would do and that God could do what He had promised.

I have no sense anytime soon of  retiring from the ministry because I believe my greatest days are ahead of me. They may be at TR or some other place, but I believe God is going to honor his promise to me and Breakthrough will be mine. But last year I really fought a battle.

The Lord promised me 10 years ago I was going to have a supernatural breakthrough in my music and in my ministry. Recently God has confirmed that in my Spirit again.  I've pastored some wonderful people at my former church, but the financial load I inherited was too great to bear and after 4 years and 8 months I moved on. I never realized how quickly your body, mind, and sprit can shut down on you when you live under such a strain, but within two days I thought I was loosing it. I begin to have severe panic attacks sometimes at the rate of 5 a day. This went on for 4 weeks and my doctor said it was stress and exhaustion from trying to pay bills without enough money that caused that condition. My advice to pastors out there-trust God, step out on faith, but never put a congregation so far in debt that you can't pay a payment on half the amount of your contributions if half of them were lost. You or the guy following you will live to regret it. And for goodness sakes don't borrow money to pay a pastor and add to your debt. It just gets worse that way.

I struggled with this affliction for over a month, but God touched me. He brought healing to my body, mind, and spirit, and promised this year was my year of breakthrough. He even provided my son, daughter-in-law. And grands to take his mother and I out of town for two weeks. Being with my family, especially during the holidays, did more for me than anything other than prayer. It was during this time God laid on my heart these 21 days of prayer an told me this was my year of promise. If God can fulfill it for a 90 year old and an eighty year old, He can do it for me. If He can do it for me, likewise he can do it for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment