Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Bible

An unusual thing has happened in America. The number one program on television has been "The Bible". It as amazed me at how many non-church people have watched and commented favorably on this mini-series. It has been done wonderfully even though some critics say it has too much fluff (although I did like the Ninja angels).

Whether you agree with everything or not it has captivated the viewing audience. For whatever reason you believe all I can say is it is working and I hope they give us more. Can't wait until they deal with the resurrection on Easter Sunday night. It will be awesome.

My point of this blog is that we tend to be critical of things that we have our opinion of if it goes beyond our opinion. The older I get the more I ask God to help me be open to new ways to share the gospel. After last night's showing I don't know how you could do much more to make the Word if God come alive on screen.

Yes, I know the fiery furnace was different than we think and so was the den of lions. I also wanted to see the Holy Spirit as a dove descend upon Jesus and a few other nuances, but people are watching and who knows somebody just might get saved.

Now wouldn't that be a kicker-somebody getting saved watching a secular television show about the Bible. I wonder what Jesus would think about that? I think He would just smile and say, "Welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment