Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Our Season of Prayer-Tearing Down The Walls Of Hurt

It hurts to be a pastor. Some of the people you love the most and do the most for walk away from you like you never mattered. They lie about you, they attack your character, they try to ruin your influence, and do everything in their power to make your life miserable. That could be the main reason that pastors in general are in one of the highest risk categories for insurance in the world today. Too much stress, too much hurt, and too much pain will get to you after awhile.

During this season of prayer at DCOG we are believing that walls of hurt will be torn down for pastor throughout our nation. I have been lied to, lied about, had my character assassinated, been criticized, attacked verbally and even physically by people who said they were Christians. That's not a fun thing to deal with. But I had to make a choice-either tear down those walls and keep going forward for Jesus or letting the enemy win and being defeated. I choose the former instead of the latter. I know too many ministers who are bitter at God, people, and the church. I don't want to end up that way. I know too many preacher's wives and children who have been affected by this bitterness.

So Lord my prayer today is based on these four scriptures;

-You are my stronghold.
9:9, 10 "The LORD also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble; And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, for You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You."

-You turn a curse into a blessing
Deuteronomy 23:5 "Nevertheless, the LORD your God was not willing to listen to Balaam, but the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you because the LORD your God loves you."

-You will never leave me.
Hebrews 13:5(b) "For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

-You are always on time.
John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment