Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

An Attitude Of Gratitude

It takes an effort to develop an attitude of gratitude daily. We have to learn how to be grateful and thankful even in the midst of our trials. So it is with great discipline I constantly remind myself of the many reasons I have to be grateful.

I hope you take some time today or tomorrow to come up with your own list. And if it doesn’t come naturally, don’t let that stop you. There is still much to be thankful for. Here are ten of my reasons to give thanks today:

- I am thankful for my health and for the chance to make it better.

-I am thankful for my wife, who has been my biggest fan since the day we were married and has never once let me down.

-I am thankful for my church that it is sometimes difficult and yet easy to pastor at the same time. Always frustrating, yet always rewarding.

-I am extremely thankful for Shane, Candace, Hannah, Gracie, Hayden, and our new one coming in the spring. They are my greatest inspiration to succeed in the world today.

-I am thankful for living in a state full of creative minds and opportunities.

-I am thankful for doing work that matters to God and for the Church of God that gave me the opportunity.

-I am thankful for music. Yes, all kinds of music. Elvis, the Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Blackwoods, The Statesmen, The Imperials-you name it and I like it.

-I am thankful for movies that allow me to turn part of my brain off and still be inspired.

-I am thankful for books-eBooks, audiobooks, children’s books, novels, and memoirs.

-Lastly, and most importantly, I am thankful for Grace-for love that cannot be explained (only surrendered to), from our Creator that inspires creativity, for purpose and a hope that there is more to the story than we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment