Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Good Church

I do not pastor the largest church with the biggest crowd, but I pastor a good church.

So what makes up a good church?
-People that are more concerned about others than themselves.

-People that have their faith planted in God and not in man.

-People that will forgive like Jesus, love like Jesus, and live like Jesus everyday.

-People that realize their imperfections and trust The Lord to help them do something about them.

-People that know they need to leave a positive legacy behind rather than one that is negative.

-People that welcomes others to join with our fellowship regardless of their position in life.

If you ask me do I pastor a perfect church, I would have to say, "No." If you ask me do I pastor flawless people I would have to say, "No." But if you ask me if I pastor a good church with good people I would answer, "Yes."

Sometimes good churches with good people are the best kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment