Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Fountain of Youth-Hannah, Gracie, and Hayden

Psalm 37:25, 26 "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed."

My three grands-Hannah, Gracie, and Hayden-are my Fountain of Youth. I can't buy what they give me every time I see them. It is in their loving hearts I have found what keeps me feeling young inside.

Hannah is my oldest and will soon be a teenager, but she will always be my baby. Gracie is and always will be my princess, and Hayden is my 3 year old bundle of life. God has been so good to me to allow them into my life.

-They make me smile, laugh, and sing.

-They fill me with joy and fill me with life.

-They bring me closer to God every time I pray for them.

-They keep my soul’s light burning bright-especially Hayden at age 3.

-They fill my spirit with energy, vitality, peace, and happiness.

Yes, my body is getting older day by day but the person I am remains both eternal and forever young because of those three.

Our souls are meant for eternity, but our bodies aren’t. If you want to be young then don’t look in the mirror, but look at your grandchildren. Welcome their love into your heart and let your love for them flow like a fountain out of it. Their love can give you a reason for living.


Yes, you will be worn out when they go home and lament about how you're not getting any younger, but without them life wouldn't be worth living. So enjoy them while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment