Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, August 12, 2011

What A Crazy World

There used to be a weekly magazine that featured all kinds of crazy stories. My grandmother would buy it when I was younger and it told of some crazy almost impossible things. I remember some of the headlines like "Elvis is an Alien" or "Hitler hiding in Brazil." But man the Internet beats it all.

Somebody has decided to petition on the Internet to have Bert and Ernie, the two Muppet stars of Sesame Street, get married. WHAT has the world come to when someone first of all thinks that will really set a role model for our children and secondly tries again to push the same sex agenda on non-living characters? I just shake my head in unbelief.

If you want to practice that lifestyle and that is your agenda, this is America and you have the right to choose. But don't try to push your way into every persons life or influence my grandchildren with your agenda by using characters they enjoy watching to do so. People have tried to make the Smurfs and Sponge Bob alternate lifestyle acceptable. Marvel Comics took a member of Alpha Flight and DC made Batwoman and another female character a part of that crowd just to appease a politically charged issue-but enough is enough.

I get criticized when I say that sin is sin and wrong is wrong. God loves everyone, but He makes us individuals who can make individual choices. I choose to live for Him, live according to the Bible, and do the best that I can to treat all people right. If I take a stand for righteousness I am called a bigot or worse because every interpretation of the Bible that I read calls the alternate lifestyle a violation of God's plan. God's plan was to replenish the earth and as far as I know only a man and a woman can do that.

So listen and act with some common sense. It's a crazy world when the other side wants two Muppet's (puppets) to marry on TV just to show it's an acceptable and common lifestyle to our children. It isn't and never will be in the sight of God. So please quit pushing your agenda on our kids. That's the last thing they need to worry about in our day and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment