Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, August 29, 2011

I Am Very Thankful

If I make it to Thursday, I will have outlived my Dad by one year. If he were alive today he would have been 81 years old this year. I am thankful that in spite of health issues these past 7 years and 353 days God has been very good to me. I just thought today was a good day to give God praise for everything He has blessed me with.

I am thankful for:

-Parents who raised me with Christian principles, who loved me in spite of my faults and failures, and lived as an example before me all the days of my life.

-For two brothers that are still my friends even until this day. One I get to see a lot, the other very seldom, but I love them both and thank them for their friendship.

-For a wife that will soon be a part of my life for 40 years. She deserved a lot better life than I have provided for her as a pastor's wife, but nevertheless she has stood beside me in whatever area of ministry the Lord has sent us into. She is my partner and my best friend.

-For a son who has been a source of comfort, a partner in good times and bad, and a friend that has proved how much he loves his mom and dad time and time again.

-For a daughter-in-law who is both beautiful and caring as a wife and mother, and has provided us with 3 grands that have stolen my heart

-For Hannah, Gracie, and Hayden without whom I never would have known the truest love that a human being could know. As I said earlier, they have stolen my heart.

-For my heritage in the Church of God from my childhood up. She is not a perfect church, or the only church, but she sure has been good to me.

There are many more things that I could say I'm thankful for in this life, but this blog could not contain them. So let me just put it this way-Thank your Lord for my past, my present, and my future. It's been a blast so far and looking forward to many more adventures ahead.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment