Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Evil Defeated (Part 8)

John 8:44 “For he (Satan) is a liar and the father of lies.” 

God is truth and speaks the truth. Satan lies and is the father of lies.

A few days ago, I discussed the miracles of God with a friend during a chance meeting. We both felt so privileged to be called to serve Him. During the discussion, we also touched on fact that the enemy keeps whispering lies in our thoughts to try to stop us from serving God.

Satan seems to know our weaknesses, and he attacks our minds in those areas. Satan often begins to tell me, “You are not worthy to do God's work. People will laugh at you for what you put in your blog. What do you know about ministry or life that other's haven't already gone thru?”

Yet, God’s Word tells me, “In your weakness I am strong. . . . You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. . . . I called you and I will be faithful to do it. . . . Because I am your shepherd, I am everything you need.”

As Christians, we have both a spiritual nature and a carnal nature, and each has its own signal. Our spiritual nature listens to the Holy Spirit, while our carnal nature listens to the enemy. Many times a day, when thoughts come into our minds, we decide whom we will listen to: the Holy Spirit and truth, or the enemy and lies. We make the choice.

When the enemy begins to torment you with lies, or tries to make you feel unworthy, turn your thoughts to the Holy Spirit and begin quoting Scripture to yourself and the enemy. That is what Jesus did when the enemy taunted Him, and the enemy had to depart.

Remember what the Psalmist prayed, “Your Word have I kept in my heart, that I might not sin against you.” When the voice of the enemy would have you believe lies, quickly turn your thoughts to God’s truths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment