Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Evil Defeated (Part 5)

Deuteronomy 33:27 “The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” 

When tremendous evil events happen in our world our spirits sink very low. Many are still recuperating from the shootings in Las Vegas and Texas. Others are shaken by the devastation caused by the hurricanes and forest fires this year. It just seems like evil is on the rampage and there is no way out. Sometimes you feel as if you're at the bottom of a pit looking up. But friend, you're not there by yourself. Jesus is there with you, and He will keep speaking promises in your ear.

Deuteronomy 31:6“I will never leave you or forsake you.” 

Deuteronomy 33:25 “As your days, so shall your strength be.” 

Philippians 4:19 “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory forever and forever.” 

Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” 

These are just a few of the many promises God has made you when evil attacks you in any way.

God is good.

-He does not abandon us.

-He is always there.

-He cares more about us and His work then we do.

Don’t fret, but listen to Him speak promises in your ear. God is there. He will take care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment