Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Moments

Most of us go through life with one eye looking towards the future and the other focusing on the past. Half our sight is focused on our goals and desires. The other half is looking back with regret at mistakes and missed opportunities. In order to be happy, though, both of our eyes have to be here in the present. In order to be happy we have to live in the here and now.

The future is only a dream and the past is only a memory. God doesn’t want us to live in either. God wants us to live in this moment. God wants us to love each other in this moment. God wants us to share kindness and have happiness in this moment because life is a collection of moments. Those moments make days of blessings or days of dread. It's all up to us.


I will dream of my future always. I've said it many times before that people who quit dreaming die unfulfilled. My dreams have changed the older I have gotten, but they are still intact. The hopes and desires for my future continue as long as there is breath in my body.

I do regret my mistakes and missed opportunities of yesterday. I probably wouldn't have some of the health issues I have today if I had stayed put where I should have instead of allowing others to influence me to move. I miss those good old days, but I cannot recreate them again because they are long gone.

So I have to live for today. I have my physical limitations, but I am alive today. I have my wife and my family that loves me unconditionally today. I have hope, peace, and joy in my relationship with God today. I can't do anything about yesterday or tomorrow, but I can sure enjoy the moments of today. So you know what? I think I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment