Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

No Escape

Problems are often like puzzles and if a piece is missing it's hard to find a solution. The best way to escape your problems is to solve them. I will admit it's very difficult to solve some problems, especially with people who refuse to listen. Time and time again it's usually the same scenario that people get upset about and no matter what you do you can't please them.

However, running away from them is not an option. If the problem is fixable then do your best to resolve it and press on. There is no escape from situations that can be handled. In fact, the quicker you deal with it, the less heartache you will have. The Bible again offers an answer to problem solving, but it takes a humble spirit and a willing heart.

Too many of us have thought that moving in ministry to a different place or position would take care of every thing, but after a while you run out of places to hide. Some problems will never cease until you are fearless enough to deal with them. Years ago it was easier to deal with things because there was truth and untruth present, but now there is a distinct gray area. It's in that place we face some facts and deal with problems that we would rather overlook and hope they'll go away.

Three things you need to consider:

-What is the easiest answer to dealing with my problem?

-What can I do stop its maximum effect on others not associated with it?

-What will I gain from avoiding dealing with it in the long run?

Years ago I received a call from a mother-in-law frantic about some illicit behavior her son-in-law was engaged in. I prayed about dealing with it before I did so, because I knew it would affect my relationship with the parties involved. I approached it prayerfully and carefully and still ended up the bad guy. Yet, if I had allowed it to go on, there is no telling what would have happened in that family's life. It would have been less of a heartache for me to ignore it, but it saved a family by being obedient to God and facing the crisis head on.

Here's the truth when dealing with problems-escape is not an option. Be a man or woman of God and face them in the power of the Holy Spirit. In hindsight I would have been much better off in every situation if I had done this myself. So take it from the voice of experience. You can't run or hide from your problems. Trust God for wisdom to deal with them and sail on.


No comments:

Post a Comment