Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A Believer's Prayer

Dear God:

When I was broken you were the only one who cared. You healed every wound and gave me strength to embrace the next battle. As my Commander-In-Chief your instructions always uplifted me. You saw all of my faults and still enlisted me in your army. You never gave up on me even when I almost gave up on you. You never promised me an easy life nor one of compromise. You always challenged my integrity and honestly. Not as a test, but to intensify my service for you. You gave me hope when there was none and faith that I could do the task in front of me. You never gave up on me.

There were others who saw my compassion as weakness and my never-say-die attitude as bravado, but you saw the real me and that was the me you inspired. Thing didn't go as I anticipated, but I made it anyway because you never failed me. Others lost faith, others turned aside, but you were always there every step of the way giving me courage and hope when I needed it the most. You never left me.

Life is never an open and shut case. We all face many battlefields and bear the scars of those battles. Some can be visibly seen while others are invisible, but hurt just as deeply. Some will heal, yet others will fester and manifest themselves for years to come. The hurts some people have cannot be healed by the human touch, only by yours. So this is my prayer-Heal those that are broken in ways the world cannot fix and those that need that healing touch who refuse to admit it. Take every scar caused by any means and let it touched in a supernatural way. I know you never promised a simple path, but you did promise us you would walk our path with us. Please remind us of that today.

-Amen-

No comments:

Post a Comment