Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas In Heaven

45 years ago  on Christmas I lost my grandfather to eternity. The Lord called him home that afternoon. It was a hard thing to deal with then and it still is when I think about him. The hardest thing however to me is to watch my mom alone on Christmas Day. It is 25 years since dad has been with us on Christmas Day. His last Christmas with us was in 1987  before the Lord called him home 3 months later. I'm sure he is still singing and playing his guitar in glory in that heavenly band and worshipping His King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but I sure do miss him a lot at this time of year because of how much he loved Christmas.

Mom never remarried or dated anyone after Dad went home to be with Jesus. She has always said that no one could ever take his place and that she wasn't looking for anyone. She has held to her guns on that one. But watching videos last night and seeing my pop and my other Poppa sure does bring back the memories. My grandkids got to see their great, great granddad and their great granddad in action through an old VCR video. It was a quite a treat to see them watch their dad in the second grade, especially since he is so much like Hayden.

For all of you that have lost a loved one this year I feel your pain today. My prayer is that you will cherish the memories you have of those loved ones and not let grief overwhelm you. In fact they are reveling in their first Christmas in glory today. Aretta has probably asked if she could work with the little ones, Brother John Ramsey has joined that heavenly band and added a little bluegrass touch, Brother John Thomas knew there was no funeral home there so I'm sure he is assisting those welcoming in family thru the gates of glory, and Brother Doug's still visiting with loved ones he hadn't seen in years, since he just barely got there.

I miss my Pop, as I'm sure all of these families and others miss their loved ones too. But one thing is for sure-even though it's hard on us down here, it's Christmas in heaven for them.

Merry Christmas Pop! I will always love you and miss you. I hope to see you one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment