Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

When nothing makes sense

2 Corinthians 5:7 "(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)"

It doesn’t make sense to try to and figure out why some things happen. We know He said that our ways are not His ways, and who can understand the mind of the Lord? We hear the sound of His voice, and we have a choice to get out of the boat and walk on the water with Him in the midst of the storm or let the storm get the best of us. 

We have two choices-get busy living or get busy dying. We can live with adversity or let adversity live us. I need to listen to this as much as the next guy. I’m but a man who has failures as well as anyone, and I must keep my bearings by looking to the center and He always gets me back on track. It isn’t easy, and often it’s painful, like I’m barefoot walking on a rocky road, but then He leads me beside the still waters, and I forget the rocks. I look into His eyes, and loose the pain, just for a moment. One day at a time unless it’s really hard, then one hour or one minute. Keep your eye on the target, Jesus, and what He’s set before you. Then forget the rest, the distractions of Satan that will consume your time, and waste your life. 

James said this life is but a vapor and how disappointed God will be for some who had a gift from heaven and wasted it on distractions and bitterness. We must get back up if we sin and fall or let the sin keep us down until we decide not to get back up again. We 
don’t have all the answers why bad things happen, except we live in a fallen world and bad things happen because of sin. The world is so addicted to the outward appearance and they spend a fortune on doctors creating something that might look good that does nothing for God. He doesn’t really care about the your height, weight, or complexion. Ask Samuel if you don't believe me. God looks upon the heart and desires to dwell their with His greatest creation.

We can hide from man but not God. He knows all our thoughts before we even think them. When my thoughts are off course it shows how infallible I am and how much I need Him. I am so grateful that He will never leave me nor forsake me. He remains faithful even when we are unfaithful. I don't understand the whys, but I trust in the One who does. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment