Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Feel Blessed Today

Do you remember the old song, "Count your blessings, name them one by one..." Well, I just got up this morning and begin to name my blessings. It changed my day around and it might do the same for you if you take time to do it.

-I bless the Lord for my relationship with Him. Without Him I could do nothing.

-I bless my parents, Alton Sr. (deceased) and Mary Stone, for all they taught me and loved me through from a child up even to this day.

-I bless my wife, Becky, for all she has been to me through 40 years of marriage, and still loves me today (Thank you Jesus)!

-I bless my son, Shane, who has been the joy of my life for 33 years and continues to be as he grows older.

-I bless my daughter-in-law, Candace, for loving my son, giving me my beautiful grands, and being a part of my family.

-I bless my Hannah, who as my oldest grand, still steals my heart with every word she speaks and my breath everytime I see her beautiful face.

-I bless my Gracie, who as my middle grand, reminds me how beautiful Becky was growing up every time I see her, and is a beauty who always captures her Popee's heart.

-I bless my Hayden, who as my only grandson, will carry on the family name and shows me unconditional love as only a grandchild can.

-I bless my brothers and their companions, my nieces and nephews, and all my family for just being there when I need them and even when I don't.

-I bless my church for allowing me to serve them as their pastor and shepherd.

I am a blessed man today.

How about you? Have you counted your blessings lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment