Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Father's Day In Heaven

Hi Dad:

I just wanted to write you a note to thank you for all the things you did done for me over the years. I hope you don’t mind if I just hit the highlights. Hopefully the Lord will let you see this little note in heaven sometime this week before Father's Day.

-Thanks Dad for having the good sense to marry Mom all those years ago. You couldn’t have chosen a better wife or mother for all of us. She misses you deeply as do all of us.


-Thanks Dad for not letting me be an only child. Even though my brothers were a pain sometimes growing up (LOL) I sure do appreciate them today and I'm glad they're my brothers. 

Thanks Dad for taking me to church and showing me what it meant to be a Christian. Both made me a better person then and hopefully today.

Thanks Dad for giving me the love of music, especially the guitar, and sacrificing so I could learn to play the instruments I do today.

Thanks Dad for always encouraging me and supporting my choices even when I made the wrong ones.


Thanks Dad for always being there to talk to when I had problems and pain. You helped me through a lot more than you know over the years. That's what I've missed these past 24 years you have been in heaven.

Thanks for being such a great dad to all your sons and such a loving grandfather to Shane and Jarod. I just wish you could have had time to spend with Tiffany, Caleb, Cameron, and Kendall. I especially wish you could see Hannah, Gracie, and Hayden. You would really have enjoyed being with them.

Thanks so much Dad for being there through laughter and tears, triumph and tragedy, love and loss, happiness and heartbreak.


I am so happy that you were my Dad. You taught me how to always be there for my own son. You showed me how to be a good man. You helped me to find my way through life and to love, joy, and God.

Happy Father’s Day Dad in heaven. I love you and look forward to seeing you again.

Your loving son,

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment