Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Take The Time

I am becoming more aware the older I get at just how short even the longest life here on Earth is. I see children swinging at my granddaughter's school and I can remember when I was that age and did the same thing. I hug my grandson and remember when his dad was that size. I can remember when I would hold each of my grands against my chest while I rocked them to sleep. I drive several times a week past the graveyard where my dad is buried and remember fondly the good times of days past.

It's then I realize that my body too will one day give out and that my time in this life will be over as well. In fact I have probably aged more in the last 10 years than I have in all my life due to surgeries and health problems. But I have made a decision that this year I am not going to take life for granted. I will be 59 in 9 months and I believe that this is going to be a great year for me and mine. Why? Because I am going to seize the day and drain every precious moment out of life that God allows me to.

I have decided that in 2012 I am going to take the time to:

-Do my best not to miss a moment of this glorious life I have been given and urge others not to miss a moment of theirs either.

-Enjoy every day that God in His love has given me on this world.

-Tell my wife how much I love her everyday and remind her of the difference she has made in my life.

-Take my grands in my arms every chance I get and tell them how much I love them and how proud I am of them. 

-Tell my son and daughter-in-law how much they mean to me and how thankful I am that God put them together.

-Take the time necessary to thank God for His blessings and promises in my life.

-Take the time to physically and mentally prepare myself for tomorrow. 

-Take a minute to call other family members and tell them I love them.

-Take the time to write an inspiring blog, message, or just say an encouraging word to a friend.

-Take all of the precious days of 2012 and use them to bring more joy, love, and oneness with God to this lost and dying world.

Life is short and I don't won't to miss a moment of it.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment