Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, January 20, 2012

How Blessed Do You Feel Today?

-Having a bad day? You are blessed!

-Did something happen today that upset you? You are blessed!

-Did an unexpected turn of events take place today? You are blessed!

-Just feel sick? You are blessed!

I have come to the conclusion after visiting the hospitals and nursing homes in the past few days that in spite of all the grief and difficulty I deal with everyday I am blessed.

-I don't need a machine to breath.

-I don't need a wheelchair to move around.

-I am not dependent on a caregiver to watch over me.

-I am not in the ICU or the CCU.

I feel every pain and know that I am alive. Because I know I'm alive I know that I have a Savior who is with me and watches over me 24 hours a day. When I hurt, He hurts. When I am at a loss, He is at a loss. He feels what I feel and knows what I'm going through. The difference is I am blessed in my weakness and in my sorrow, for He is with me in all things and brings me strenght and comfort when I need it the most.

Remember Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Today might not be a good day, but remember you are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment