Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, January 28, 2019

When You Feel Let Down (Part 3)

When You Feel Let Down (Part 3)

-The important thing in any hurtful situation is not to give up and stew in passive resentment. 

Write down your feelings and try to give yourself compassion, rather than exacerbating the hurt by being self-critical when others behave badly toward you. in the course of one week they went from glorifying Jesus to crucifing Him. ONE WEEK! I understand personally what it means to give your life to something and then feel betrayed and hurt by the very things you have sacrifice for all your life. The main reason I continued with this blog was not to hide my feelings behind a social media platform, but to express that we all are vulnerable to pain and hurt from our peers and the people we serve. For almost 2 years I battled with resentment toward churches and people that I had served because they did me wrong. It affected my health, my retirement, and my wole personality. But for the grace of God, I don't think I would have ever recovered. This blog became my therapy so I challenge you to write what God lays on your heart. Speak to the mountain (your hurt) and cast it into the sea! 

Again, ask yourself these questions?

-Are there ways you can keep the resentmemnt from swallowing you whole?

-If your peers forsake your at the most needed time do you give into the hatred and dispair of your situation or believe something good will happen out of the bad?

-Will this trial of your faith reach a choice conclusion like Job's or will you end up in the same condition as the people that harmed you?

Resentment causes you to flounder around and ultimately leads to your failure. When you feel let down by men, reaffirm your faith in God. It may seem darker than it's ever been, but joy comes in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment