Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

A Father's Blessings

I found out just a few days ago that I was going to be a grandfather again. This will be baby # 5 and everything looks okay so far. I am excited at this very unsettled part of my life that we have a new grand on the way. So I just wanted to express my heart on this Father's Day weekend to the ones I love.

To my wife Becky, I would not have been a father without you. You have been my rock and my hiding place, along with being my comfort in the storm. You have made every parsonage, good or bad, a home. You have treated everyone with compassion and dignity even when they have mistreated you. God put you in my life and I would be nothing without you. You are a blessing to me.

To my son Shane, you are the best son a father could have. You have become a great husband, a great father, a great businessman, and my best friend. No father could be prouder of the accomplishments that you have made in life. You are my miracle boy and I will never forget it.

To my Daughter-In-Law Candace, I give my love and appreciation for being a part of our family. You are a loving wife to my son, a great mom to the grands, and love them all unconditionally. Without you being in the picture our lives would be incomplete.

To my Granddaughters, Hannah and Gracie, your light gives me unspeakable joy. Both of you have become beautiful young ladies and my love for you will never be able to be explained. You are my heart and always will be.

To my Grandsons, Hayden and Gannon, you are my legacy. If the Lord tarries you will carry on the family name. But until then I get to enjoy watching you grow up and being a part of your lives. Disney, Transformers, Star Wars, and more will always be new and fresh through your eyes. I'm a kid again every time I am with you.

None of this would be possible without my dad. He's in heaven now and he's been there 27 years. I miss him everyday and so does my mom. It was his instruction, teaching, and lifestyle that influences me in life. My brothers and I gained great knowledge about God and life through his instruction. I was blessed to have a dad like Bishop Alton L. Stone, Sr.

I am a blessed father. I hope every father will stop and count his blessings too. Thank God for Fatherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment