Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Though the earth may change

"Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change." 
Psalm 46:2

My highest good is always unfolding because God has an eternal plan.

Circumstances change. Plans get interrupted. Life takes unexpected turns. Even so, I remain calm and unshaken as I stand on the solid ground of faith, knowing that my highest good is unfolding and as yet not revealed.

Beneath every outer change is the unchanging Truth of God, which is stable, unvarying, and consistent. In God, nothing is ever lost. In God, there is enough power and strength to meet any life experience. In God, I know I am not alone and I maintain the courage and will to embrace all that life offers.

As conditions change, I am flexible, moving through times of transformation with ease and grace. I expect the manifestation of my highest good, and I embrace whatever form it may take. What I can't handle He can. I will not be afraid of what the future holds because it's in His hands.

I have found that many people will accept seconds rather than make the changes needed to keep them fresh and trusting God. To mimic an old saying, "they will ride a dead horse into the ground" before accepting the necessary changes that could make them relevant. I refuse to be afraid of change or think that change is always bad. God is real and so is life and change is going to come whether we like it or not. It's what we do with it that makes the difference.


"In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?" 
Psalms 56:4 NKJV



 

No comments:

Post a Comment