Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Good News

There’s good news from the graveyard this morning.

Good news that the tomb is empty.

Good news that Jesus rose from the dead.

Good news that the Devil couldn’t hold him.

Good news that death has lost its sting.

Good news that the grave has lost its victory.

Good news that we need not fear death any more.

As far as I know my heart this morning, I am not afraid to die.

Not because I am especially brave. For I am not.

But I know what’s on the other side.

My Lord has come back and told me what I can expect.

I don’t have anything to worry about.

If you hear that I have died tonight, when you bury me,

Stick up a sign that says, “Temporary residence.”

I’m coming back up. You can count on it.

I say that without any sense of pride or boasting. For my resurrection does not depend on me.

It does not depend on my good deeds.

It does not depend on any merit in me at all.

It depends solely and wholly on my Lord Jesus Christ, who rose from the dead on Easter Sunday morning. He promised that if I would trust in him, someday I would rise with him. I’ve staked my entire life on that promise. If it’s not true, I have no other hope.

But it is true. That’s why I don’t plan on staying dead forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment