Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

How quickly time passes

James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

Becky said yesterday while putting up the Christmas decorations that it didn't seem like a whole year had passed since we were doing this last year. This year has been tougher on me than any I have experienced since 2005. Physically, mentally, and emotionally I have been stretched to a point that I never have been before and it has been rough. During the past 5 years I have made some very wonderful friends, but I have gone through some very rough times and only by the grace of God have I made it through. I always heard that the older you got time seemed to move by quicker and I'm beginning to believe it (LOL)! My point is time has continued on. It didn't stop for me and it won't stop for you.

Time does go by so quickly. If the Lord tarries His return:
-My oldest grand will be 16.
-My middle grand will be 12.
-My next will be 7.
-My youngest will be 2.

It seems like only yesterday Hannah was in diapers, Gracie was still sucking her pacifier,
Hayden was learning to walk, and Gannon was not even in the picture. Before you know it they will be grown, married, and have their own families. Shane was bemoaning that thought last night.

Nostalgia hit me yesterday afternoon and I worked for hours on Christmas videos from our time serving the Union Church of God. I mad several videos from some of our Down Home Christmas celebrations at the church. It made me happy and sad at the same time, realizing that some of those precious folks are no longer with us, but in glory now, or have moved on to another church. Those were some of the best times of my life working with those precious folks, playing with those great musicians, and just enjoying the holidays.

Time slows down for no one. It just keeps on moving and we have to do the best we can with the time that we are allotted. So we have some choices to make. Either we accept the changes that time brings us and keep on living or we allow our time here on earth to be one of despair and defeat. That decision is ours to make and ours alone. I have to make it and so do you. Before you realize it a day may come when time as we know it has slipped away. So do the best that you can with what you've got. Make every minute count because you will never see that minute again.

No comments:

Post a Comment