Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Celebrating Miracles

Miracles are things that happen to me and you every single day. Most of them we miss because in ourlife we are to busy trying to figure out how they can happen daily rather than believe that God says it's already done.

I will turn 60 on September 1st and I want this new year of my life, this first of my 60's to be a year of celebrating the miracles of God. I don’t want to spend a year dreading turning 60 and crying because someone else got their miracle and I didn't. I want to celebrate the miracles, the gifts from God to not only myself and my family, but for my church family and church as well.

I want to celebrate the miracles in my life and those in the lives of people that I love. I’m not planning to ignore the pain and the struggle of life. I live, you live, in a breathtakingly beautiful and breathtakingly broken world. They come together, they do, the beauty and the brokenness. Denying the brokenness is wrong as well as the beauty. While acknowledging the pain and the struggle, I want to embrace the grace and the loveliness of this precious, wild thing called life.

Miracles are gifts from our Heavenly Father. So why don’t you join me this year and, together, we’ll celebrate the miracles of God daily. He is a good God that will make a way where there is no way.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.....But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:1, 6 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment