Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Choice Is Yours

As Christians, we face a spiritual enemy who is in opposition to everything we do and a world system that the Bible tells us is also an enemy. But we have a spiritual weapon that neither can stand against, which is the Word of God. For that reason we can answer every temptation, every trial, every discouragement, and every battle with the wisdom and truth of what God has already spoken.

When the enemy says, “You're a miserable sinner,” you can answer, “Yes, but I've been washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ."

When the enemy says, “You're worthless and can't do anything!” you can answer, “On my own that might be true, but I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me."

When the enemy says, “How could God love a miserable sinner like you?” you can answer, “While I was still a sinner, Christ died for me!”

When the enemy tempts you to sin, you can answer, “There isn't one temptation you can throw at me that people haven't seen before. Not only that, God is faithful to show me a way out of it before I give in."

And when the enemy starts whispering in your ear, trying to get you to worry, you can answer, “I won't be anxious about anything but instead I'll thank and praise God and pray to him about what I need."

It is true that our spiritual enemy has more ways to wage war against us than we, in our limited human understanding, can understand. But it is equally true that for every thing he can throw at us, we can have an answer that comes from the very mouth of God. Use it and win. Don't use it and lose. The choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment