Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

God's Hotline

One of the reasons that people bought cell phones when they first came out was that you could call for help where ever you were located. You would never need to worry if you were stranded somewhere with a flat tire, because you could just call for assistance.

God is the same way, only better. You see, sometimes our friends will see our call and think, “Oh no, he wants something; I don’t want to answer it.” But God is just the opposite. Not only is He totally on-call 24/7, He actually is attracted to people who need help.

The Bible says God is drawn to the brokenhearted and needy. If God had to choose between someone who acted like they had it all together and someone who was sad and desperate, He would choose the latter.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. ” (Psalm 34:18).

He doesn’t run away from people who need help; He runs to them, especially if they call out to Him.

“’Because he loves me,’ says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation’” (Psalm 91:14-16).

This is something to remember when you need help, which may be today. Everyone knows that you call 911 when you have an emergency. Well, God has a hotline too, and it is the name of His Son, Jesus.

Romans 10:13, “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.”

No matter what kind of situation you are in be it little or big, you can call on the name of Jesus and He will come to your rescue.

Take time today to use God’s hotline and find help on call. He's always on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment