Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Things Moms Taught Their Daughters To Say

These familiar saying have somehow been handed down from mother to daugther right through the ages. How many of these did you grow up with?
-Who do you think you are?
-Ask your father (closely followed by "Ask your Mother")
-Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
-I'll treat you like an adult when you start acting like an adult!
-Look at me when I'm talking to you.
-Don't you roll your eyes at me!
-Don't pick it, it'll get infected.
-You'll put your eye out with that thing!
-I'm going to give you to the count to three.
-Don't put that thing in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.
-Wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident and have to go to hospital.
-Don't cross your eyes like that, one day they'll freeze that way
I don't care who started it, I'll finish it!

-Don't EVER let me catch you doing that again!
-Why? Because I SAID SO, that's why!?!
-If such and such jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?
-If I catch you doing that one more time, I'll...
-Your father is going to hear about THIS when he gets home!
-If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
-How many times do I have to tell you, don't throw things in the house!
-Do you think your clothes are going to pick themselves up?
-"I don't know" is NOT an answer!
-I know it's not fair. Life isn't fair.

Thanks Mom for all the advice...it's still working today.

No comments:

Post a Comment